Social Anxiety Disorder Counseling
Do you experience intense anxiety or nervousness when faced with social situations?
Do you fear being judged or criticized by others?
Are you always worried about making mistakes, looking bad or being embarrassed in front of others?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you may have a social anxiety disorder. While it is normal to feel nervous in some social situations, people who experience daily social anxiety tend to avoid everyday interactions that cause them significant fear, anxiety, self-consciousness, and embarrassment because they fear being scrutinized or judged by others.
People with Social Anxiety Disorder often experience significant distress in the following situations:
- Being teased or criticized
- Being the center of attention
- Being watched or observed while completing a task
- Having to say something in a formal, public setting
- Meeting people in authority, such as important people or authority figures
- Feeling insecure and out of place in social situations
- Embarrassing easily
- Meeting other people’s eyes
Social anxiety disorder is a chronic mental health condition stemming from negative beliefs about Self. Addressing these negative thoughts is key to relieving anxiety.
If you feel you may have a social anxiety disorder, I encourage you to contact me today for a free consultation.